How To Apply UP Online 2023-2024
How To Apply UP Online 2023-2024
The above web portal has carefully documented the step by steps needed for applying up online application.
- Applicant applying to the University of Pretoria should please ensure that they meet the admission requirements of the University before applying for acceptance of their application.
- It is in your best need to finish your own application. Kindly note that, the University of Pretoria does not make use of agents during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents or agencies, you do so at own risk.
- The closing dates are non-negotiable. It is your responsibility to ensure you apply before the applicable deadline!
- It is of utmost importance that you provide your correct personal email and postal addresses to enable the University of Pretoria to communicate with you directly.
Persons with disabilities:
The online application system provides the facility for an applicant to disclose his/her disability status. Applicants are encouraged to make use of this facility to disclose their disability status at this point in the application process. Such a disclosure will in no way prejudice an application. Disclosing your disability status enables the University of Pretoria to better anticipate the needs arising from any disability.
Applying via UPOnline application
Before starting the application process kindly:
- review the checklist at the end of this document, to take note of all pre-requisites, and
- ensure that you have certain information ready, as well as certain electronic supporting documents. Without these you will not be able to complete your online application.
You will only be able to submit your online application once you have:
- completed the full online application form,
- uploaded all the necessary scanned supporting documents in .PDF format, AND
- either paid the application fee by credit card OR uploaded proof of bank deposit at Standard Bank, Account Number 012602604 (see checklist).
Once your application has been successfully submitted:
- you will no longer be able to do any further editing of your application via the online application system,
- you will be informed by email what your allocated student number (EMPLID) is, and
- you will be sent other important procedures describing how to check your progress and application results on the student portal.
University of Pretoria Admission Requirements Before Applying
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents, which generally consists of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
SCANNING AND UPLOADING OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS:
You must (either yourself or via third parties, eg. certain camera/photographic shops) be able to scan each of the requested documents into separate files using the PDF file format. Refer to Guidelines for preparing documents to be uploaded. Ensure to save with Acrobat or CutePDF and not Acrobat Reader.
Convert any document to PDF to upload with your application. You will later need to have these PDF files available on some form of electronic media (eg. data disk, memory stick or your desktop) from which you can upload the necessary files as may be required during the application process. The University of Pretoria reserves the right to reject or revoke your admission if you provide incorrect, incomplete, illegible or fake documents.
What happens after I have applied?
After your application has been processed you will receive communication from the University of Pretoria explaining how to access your Student Centre through the UP Student Portal, enabling you to track your progress and status as well as other communications and possible outstanding items.
Apply to UP
How to complete the UP online application:
UP has one online application form. You can follow the link below and complete the application. Make sure to fill in your first and second choice of study when completing the online application form. Apply through here
ALLOCATION OF YOUR STUDENT NUMBER:
If you have applied online, you will receive a student number in your email inbox within approximately 15 working days after submission. You cannot access the student portal with your application number. Once you have a student number, you may create a profile as a new user on the portal.
UP online Registration
UP online Application Status
UP online Courses
How to Apply UP online
UPonline application dates
UP online registration dates
How to register UP Online
UP Online Prospectus
UP Online application fee
UP Online admission requirements
UP Online application
UP Application form
For more information on University of Pretoria, click here