Port Elizabeth TVET College admission Requirements 2024-2025
Port Elizabeth TVET College admission Requirements 2024-2025
The listed below are the various requirements for students to follow when applying to Port Elizabeth TVET College. Kindly note that all students will need to write the competency tests.
Information Communication and Technology (ICT)
Mathematics is compulsory. Learners who do not have Mathematics at school will not be considered. kindly that note.
Mathematics is compulsory or needed. Learners, who had Mathematical Literacy at school and achieved an 80% result, will be considered. Students with Grade 12 (passed or failed), or equivalent are the preferred applicants. Where students have passed Grade 9, Grade 10 and Grade 11 they may be considered subject to the results of a competency test. In Engineering, students who do not pass the competency test will be referred to the extended programme.
Safety in Society
- No criminal record
- Not younger than 17 years
- South African Citizen
- No visible tattoos
Being noted that the minimum requirement proposed by the Department of Higher Education for admission is Grade 11.
The admission requirements for other learners (non-NC (V))
- Vertical (Upward movement) articulation requirements must be met on the NQF structure
- Qualification specific requirements must be met e.g. SETA requirements
All Applying students will be required to submit the following
- A certificate of Good Conduct, from their previous institutions of learning or place of work
- A certified copy of last school report original must be presented on application
- 8 certified copies of ID (where a student is 16 years or older) original must be presented on application
Parents or guardians must accompany or follow the applicant in order to verify the correctness of personal details being given, in the case where students are a minor or where the parent or guardian is providing the financial support. Students will be selected according to their potential ability based on their highest qualifications and other relevant factors) to successfully complete the course. The College Council reserves the right to determine this potential.
Students who transfer from another TVET College must submit the following
- Reason for transfer
- A letter to confirm that they have been de-registered at the previous institution
- A Certified copy of Identity Document
- A report of their academic history on a College letterhead, including Internal Continuous Assessment (ICASS) and Integrated Summative Assessment (ISAT) results
- The student’s Portfolios of Evidence for all subjects from the previous institution, if transferring during an academic year
- A Certificate of Good Conduct, from their previous institution of learning
Competency Tests – NCV
The purpose of the competency test is to make sure that the student is placed in a programme best suited to his/her ability. A competency test must be completed by the student to determine his/her proficiency in English as it is the medium of instruction in the College. Competency tests are prescribed by the National Department of Education and Training as a requirement for admission and it is imperative that these be conducted in the best interests of students and the College.
Competency tests are also completed in the following subjects
- Mathematical Literacy
- Vocational subjects, in specialised fields
Students who are not successful in the competency test will be directed towards other study options.
Application for Admission as a Student
By signing the application form, the applicant (and his parents/guardian where applicable) undertakes to comply with the rules and regulations of the College and to pay the prescribed fees. Applications for admission are subject to selection.
Correct parent/guardian details must be provided and verified at the time of registration. After immediate verification, if falsified information is given on the application form, the application will be cancelled and the student/parent/guardian will be held liable for any costs incurred. If a student fails to comply with the above, the College Council reserves the right to cancel such registration.
Registration and Tuition Fees
Students will not be admitted to the College unless fees as prescribed have been paid in full or the necessary arrangements made.
Student registration will take place in accordance with the registration dates as contained in the College calendar.
Cancellation of Registration and Refund of Fees
A student may cancel registration within the first 10 days of the commencement of classes. After this date, the student will be held liable for all outstanding class fees. No refunding of class fees will be considered 10 days after commencement of classes, except in cases of serious illness and/or death.
- Port Elizabeth College will apply the 80 % attendance rule, in order to ensure that better academic results and greater discipline is attained in the class room.
- The consequence of this is that students, who do not attend classes for 80% of class time upon registration, will not be allowed entry into the examinations.
- This will be reconciled with the respective student’s marks to establish whether they qualify academically.
- Where bursary allocations are less than the demand, the student’s attendance record of the previous year, will be taken into consideration for a Bursary.
- For more information on Port Elizabeth College admission requirements click here
- Kindly note that the above information was pick from Port Elizabeth College website
LISTED BELOW ARE TVET COLLEGES IN SOUTH AFRICA.
Buffalo City TVET College Application
Eastcape Midlands TVET College Application
Ingwe TVET College Application
King Hintsa TVET College Application
King Sabata Dalindyebo TVET College Application
Lovedale TVET College Application
Port Elizabeth TVET College Application
Central Johannesburg TVET College Application
Ekurhuleni West TVET College Application
Sedibeng TVET College Application
South West Gauteng TVET College Application
Tshwane North TVET College Application
Tshwane South TVET College Application
Western TVET College Application
Coastal TVET College Application
Elangeni TVET College Application
Esayidi TVET College Application
Majuba TVET College Application
Mnambithi TVET College Application
Mthashana TVET College Application
Thekwini TVET College Application
Uzmfolozi TVET College Application
Umgungundlovu TVET College Application
Capricorn TVET College Application
Lephalale TVET College Application
Letaba TVET College Application
Mopani South East TVET College Application
Sekhukhune TVET College Application
Vhembe TVET College Application
Waterberg TVET College Application
Boland TVET College Application
College of Cape Town for TVET Application
False Bay TVET College Application
Northlink TVET College Application
South Cape TVET College Application
West Coast TVET College Application