r350 grant 2024-2025
r350 grant 2024-2025
- The South African government established the R350 grant, officially known as the Special COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant, to offer temporary financial assistance to unemployed individuals who do not receive other social grants. Managed by SASSA, the grant provides regular payments of R350 to eligible recipients. To qualify, applicants must be South African citizens or permanent residents, unemployed, and not receiving any other forms of social or income support.
- The application process for the R350 grant can be completed either online through the SASSA website or the Department of Social Development’s portal, or in-person at SASSA offices. Applicants need to provide detailed information about their employment status, household composition, income, and submit supporting documents such as identification documents, bank statements, and proof of income.
- Once approved, the grant is typically disbursed within a few days and can be used to cover essential needs like housing, clothing, and food. It’s crucial to remember that the R350 grant is temporary in nature, and although it has been extended multiple times since its inception in 2020 and is expected to continue until March 2022, it should not be relied upon as a long-term replacement for other income support or social grants.
- While the R350 grant offers valuable support during the pandemic, applicants are encouraged to explore additional avenues for assistance to achieve lasting financial stability. This may involve seeking employment opportunities, accessing other social assistance programs, or seeking financial counseling or guidance.
Read more on Sassa grant payments date here
Sassa Contact information
|POSTAL||PRIVATE BAG X55662, ARCADIA, 0083|
|Physical||SASSA House, 501 Prodinsa Building, Cnr Steve Biko & Pretorius Streets, Pretoria|
|Tel||012 400 2000 / 0800 601 011|
Care Dependency Grant
Child Support Grant
Foster Child Grant
Older Persons Grant
Social Relief of Distress
War Veterans Grant
Visit the SRD website at
- Email: email@example.com
- USSD: *134*7737#
- Types of sassa grant
- how to apply sassa online
- Sassa declaration form
- Sassa consent form
- SRD Grant Appeal
- Sassa grant payments date
- Sassa Online Application
- Sassa Online Application links
- sassa 2024-2025
For more information on Sassa, click here