sasa 350 2024-2025
sasa 350 2024-2025
The Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant is a social assistance grant provided by the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) to individuals and families in urgent need of financial aid. The grant aims to offer temporary relief to those who are facing dire circumstances. This article outlines the eligibility criteria, application process, and benefits of the SRD grant.
To be eligible for the SRD grant, individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Citizenship or residency: Applicants must be South African citizens or permanent residents.
- Age requirement: Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Income level: Applicants should have little to no income or an extremely low income.
- Immediate need: Applicants must require immediate assistance due to a disaster or emergency situation, such as a flood, fire, or other calamity.
- Inability to meet basic needs: Applicants must be unable to meet their own or their family’s basic needs, including food, shelter, and clothing.
To apply for the SRD grant, individuals must complete an application form and submit it to their nearest SASSA office. The application form can be obtained from any SASSA office or the SASSA website. Along with the completed form, applicants need to provide certified copies of their identity documents, proof of residence, and proof of income or unemployment.
Once the application is submitted, SASSA will evaluate it to determine eligibility for the SRD grant. This evaluation process may involve a home visit by a social worker or healthcare professional to assess the applicant’s situation.
Benefits of the SRD Grant
The SRD grant provides a one-time payment to eligible individuals and families in need of immediate financial assistance. The amount of the grant varies depending on the specific circumstances of the applicant but is intended to provide temporary relief to help meet basic needs.
In addition to the one-time payment, the SRD grant offers the following benefits:
- Access to healthcare services: SRD grant recipients are entitled to free healthcare services at public healthcare facilities.
- Access to social services: Eligible individuals may be eligible for additional social services, such as counseling or rehabilitation services.
- Funeral expense coverage: The SRD grant can be used to cover funeral expenses in the event of a family member’s passing.
- The SRD grant is an essential social assistance grant provided by SASSA to South African citizens and permanent residents in urgent need of financial assistance. Along with a one-time payment, the grant offers access to healthcare and social services, as well as funeral expense coverage. To apply for the SRD grant, individuals must meet the eligibility criteria and submit an application form to their nearest SASSA office.
Sassa Contact information
|POSTAL||PRIVATE BAG X55662, ARCADIA, 0083|
|Physical||SASSA House, 501 Prodinsa Building, Cnr Steve Biko & Pretorius Streets, Pretoria|
|Tel||012 400 2000 / 0800 601 011|
Visit the SRD website at
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- USSD: *134*7737#
- Types of sassa grant
- how to apply sassa online
- Sassa declaration form
- Sassa consent form
- SRD Grant Appeal
- Sassa grant payments date
- Sassa Online Application
- Sassa Online Application links
- sassa 2024-2025
For more information on Sassa, click here