sassa application for r350 2024-2025
sassa application for r350 2024-2025
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) is responsible for granting financial aid to eligible citizens in need. In an ongoing effort to support those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, SASSA will extend the COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant, also known as the R350 grant, throughout 2024-2025.
To be eligible for the R350 grant, applicants must meet specific requirements. Firstly, they must be unemployed and not receiving any other form of income. Secondly, they should fall between the ages of 18 and 59. Lastly, they must be South African citizens or permanent residents currently residing in South Africa.
If applicants meet these criteria, they can apply for the R350 grant by following these steps:
- Access the SASSA website or utilize the SASSA WhatsApp line to access the online application form.
- Complete the application form accurately and provide up-to-date information.
- Submit the application form online or via WhatsApp.
- Await the processing and approval of the application.
- If approved, recipients will receive a confirmation message containing instructions on how to collect the grant.
SASSA is committed to providing assistance to those in need, and the R350 grant serves as a significant measure to alleviate the financial burden caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
To apply for the SASSA R350 grant in the 2024-2025 period, eligible individuals must follow these steps:
- Verify eligibility: Before applying, it is important to ensure that all eligibility criteria are met. This can be done by visiting the SASSA website or contacting the SASSA toll-free number at 0800 60 10 11.
- Gather required documents: Applicants must have certain documents on hand, including a South African ID, proof of address, and proof of income.
- Apply online: The R350 grant application can be completed online on the SASSA website. Applicants will need to create an account and provide personal details such as their ID number, name, and contact information. They will also be required to upload the necessary documents.
- Submit the application: Once the application has been filled out and all required documents have been uploaded, applicants should submit the application. A reference number will be provided as confirmation of receipt.
- Await feedback: SASSA will process the application and communicate the status of the application via email or SMS. If the application is successful, the grant will be deposited into the applicant’s bank account.
It is essential to note that the R350 grant is a temporary measure and will only be available for a limited period. Therefore, applicants must reapply each month if they continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
Additionally, SASSA offers various other social grants to eligible citizens, including the Old Age Grant, Disability Grant, and Child Support Grant, among others. To apply for these grants, applicants must visit a SASSA office in person and provide the required documents.
In summary, the R350 grant provided by SASSA in 2024-2025 is a temporary relief measure intended to assist those impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Eligible individuals can apply for the grant online following the outlined steps. It is crucial to remember that the grant is temporary, and applicants must reapply each month if they continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
Read more on Sassa grant payments date here
Sassa Contact information
|POSTAL||PRIVATE BAG X55662, ARCADIA, 0083|
|Physical||SASSA House, 501 Prodinsa Building, Cnr Steve Biko & Pretorius Streets, Pretoria|
|Tel||012 400 2000 / 0800 601 011|
Care Dependency Grant
Child Support Grant
Foster Child Grant
Older Persons Grant
Social Relief of Distress
War Veterans Grant
Visit the SRD website at
- Email: email@example.com
- USSD: *134*7737#
- Types of sassa grant
- how to apply sassa online
- Sassa declaration form
- Sassa consent form
- SRD Grant Appeal
- Sassa grant payments date
- Sassa Online Application
- Sassa Online Application links
- sassa 2024-2025
For more information on Sassa, click here