Sassa Online Application 2023-2024
Sassa Online Application 2023-2024
South African Social Security Agency (SASSA). Every South African person has the right to access necessary social services under the Social Services and Supports Act (also known as SASSA), a South African law. Beginning in 2013, a program was launched by the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA). It disburses pensions for the elderly and disabled as well as grants for income and child support.
What Does Sassa Do?
SASSA gives support in terms of money and any other things to anyone allowed to live in South Africa who cannot earn enough money through employment due to:
- Sickness etc
You must be a South African Citizen, a Permanent Resident or a Refugee. You must be over 60 years old. You must reside within South Africa.
Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD) Online Application
About Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD)
Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD) plays a huge rule as it gives relief measures (money) to many people by way of providing them with basic needs in times of hardship. This grant is spear headed by South African Social Security Agency (SASSA).
SRD grant Online applications Process
SRD grant application dates
Every month, Sassa R350 grant applications are open for those wanting to apply. And also all SRD R350 grant applicants must reconfirm their grant applications at least once every 3 months
SRD R350 grant application Requirements
Every application has got requirements or criteria for applicant to use in applying. The documents below are the requirements needed from applicants.
- Must be a South African citizens/permanent residents/refugees/asylum seekers/holders of special permits
- Must be Unemployed
- Must have no alternative source of income or financial support from any other source
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 60
Documents needed from Applicants
The listed below are the following documents needed from Applicants.
- Identity number or Department of Home Affairs Refugee permit number
- Name and surname as captured in the identity document
- Contact details
- Cell Phone Number
- Residential Address
How to apply SRD grant applications
The online Application process for Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD) has three ways for Applicants to use in Applying which are:
- APPLICATION VIA WHATSAPP
- APPLICATION VIA SRD WEBSITE
- APPLICATION VIA SASSA CHATBOT
APPLICATION VIA WHATSAPP
The documented steps below shows how to apply for the SRD grant on WhatsApp
- Applicant should Send a WhatsApp message to 082 046 8553
- Applicant should provide personal details as prompted by the chat
- Applicant will get a Reference number, an OTP number and website link to click on
- Applicant must click on the link; insert the OTP number and click verify
- Applicant should provide a surname and ID number
- Applicant confirm details as per details given on the chat
- Kindly go to Step 2: AGREE TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
APPLICATION VIA SRD WEBSITE
The documented steps below shows how to apply via SRD website
- Open Internet browser. Either Google chrome, Mozilla, Opera mini and etc.
- Search for: https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Applicant capture ID number and mobile then click send sms button
- Applicant will get a 6 digit OTP number
- Applicant must insert the OTP number and click verify pin
- Kindly move to Step 2: AGREE TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
APPLICATION VIA SASSA CHATBOT
The documented steps below shows how to apply via SASSA Chatbot
- Open Internet browser
- Search for: www.sassa.gov.za
- On the website; applicant will click on SRD R350 Grant assistance chat box
- Applicant provide ID number and Mobile number
- Through the chat, the applicant will choose I want to apply for SRD R350 grant
- The chatbot will provide a link to the SRD Website
- The Applicant will follow the SRD Website Steps
- Please move to Step 2: AGREE TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Applicants can Apply Online here
How to check sassa SRD application status
Applicants can check the status of their application below if they have not received any respond towards their submitted application. Kindly use the steps below.
- Step 1. Go to the SASSA SRD grant website
- Step 2. Scroll down to ‘Application status’
- Step 3. Click on ‘Click here to check online’
- Step 4. Fill in the required fields
- Step 5. You should then be able to see the status of your R350 grant application
Applicants can also seek for more clarification towards application status by going to My application status
Reconsideration status check
For reconsideration Application status check, Applicants can use this LINK to check their status.
SRD Grant Appeal
Kindly appeal your SRD R350 grant rejection and have your application revisited. The listed below will guide you appeal your rejected application.
- When to submit an appeal
- How to submit an appeal
- How to check your SRD appeal status
Follow the steps and appeal for your SRD Grant here.
SASSA Reapplication for SRD R350 Grant
The given steps below shows how to complete your reapplication at SASSA
- Kindly visit the SASSA website at srd.sassa.gov.za
- After click ‘Reconfirm you grant application’
- Login in with your South African ID number and Mobile number
- Update your details
- Resubmit the application
NOTE: Applicants must note that all SRD R350 grant will have to reconfirm / reapply for their grant applications at least once every 3 months.
Sassa Releases March 2023 Grant Payments date
MARCH 2023 SASSA GRANT PAYMENT DATES
- The Older Persons Grant (as well as any grants linked to these accounts) will be paid on 2 March 2023.
- The Disability Grant (as well as any grants linked to these accounts) will be paid on 3 March 2023.
- All other grants (Child Support Grant, Foster Child Grant, Care Dependency Grant, War Veterans Grant) will be paid on 6 March 2023.
The SRD grant will be paid as and when applications are approved.
Sassa Contact information
|Postal||Private Bag X55662, Arcadia, 0083|
|Physical||SASSA House, 501 Prodinsa Building, Cnr Steve Biko & Pretorius Streets, Pretoria|
|Tel||012 400 2000 / 0800 601 011|
- Types of sassa grant
- how to apply sassa online
- Sassa declaration form
- Sassa consent form
- SRD Grant Appeal
- Sassa grant payments date
- Sassa Online Application
- Sassa Online Application links
For more information on Sassa, click here