university of Pretoria
university of Pretoria
About University of Pretoria
UP is one of Africa’s top universities and the biggest contact university in South Africa that gives social impact research to find solutions for the world’s most pressing issues. University of Pretoria has a high quality of teaching and learning in the classroom, online and communities. Pretoria has support in place for students to graduate on time as well-rounded, responsible citizens fully prepared for the world beyond university.
Admission Opening and Closing Date for University of Pretoria
For Applicants, each application has a closing and opening date.. The closing and opening dates for UP are listed below for applicants to take note of.
- University of Pretoria opening date-1 April
- The University of Pretoria closing date- click here for UP various closing date
- The start date is the date on which your first module will commence.
- The application deadline is 2 weeks before the start date.
- Registration opens 4 weeks before the session starts and closes one day before the module session commences.
- Payment deadline is 5 days after the module start date and if the payment is not received access to Blackboard/click UP is revoked.
- Registration: You must register for each module before the university of Pretoria registration deadline.
University of Pretoria Online Application instruction for Applicants
Important notes for Applicants
Applicants should note that:
- Once you have made an initial enquiry and it has been established by the UP Online Call Centre that you are an eligible student, you will receive communication from UP.
- This communication will provide you with a link that will give you direct access to the University of Pretoria’s Online Study Application System. This link includes a unique token for your online study application that can only be used once.
- Copy and paste this link into your browser’s address line. The URL will open the landing page of the University of Pretoria’s online study application system.
- You will be required to provide an email address to which the University can send communication. Please take care when providing your email address not to make typing errors. Note that there are four steps to complete and these steps must be done in sequential order so that the application is correctly started.
- You will be required to capture personal and contact details, provide your previous tertiary education information, select your study choice, and upload a series of documents. You will need to have certain information ready, and have the supporting documents electronically available, without which you will not be able to complete your online application.
Documents needed to apply University of Pretoria
Documents and things to note before applying online:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application.
- South African applicants will need an ID number.
- Foreign applicants will need their passport numbers.
- You’ll need to upload your deposit slip together with the other required documents.
University of Pretoria Requirements Before Applying
Applicants who are beginning a new qualification must upload all relevant documents, which usually include the following:
- A Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- A Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- A Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- A Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- A Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
How to apply University of Pretoria
- Kindly Click here to visit the online application portal.
- Please be sure to fill in the required information and submit the necessary documents.
- Submit your application to the require given address from the university
University of Pretoria APS Table
|NSC / IEB Scale of Achievement||NSC / IEB %||TUKS APS|
UP Application cycle
You will only be able to submit your online application once you have:
- Completed the online study application form.
- Uploaded all the supporting documents in PDF format.
- Paid the application fee.
- Verified the application and clicked ‘APPLY’.
- If you have not clicked ‘APPLY’, your form has not been submitted.
Once your application has been successfully submitted:
- You will no longer be able to edit your application.
- You will receive your allocated student number (EMPLID) via email.
- You will receive important procedures on how to check your progress and application results on the student portal.
University of Pretoria contacts Details
|Main (Hatfield) CampusCampus Directions
|Hillcrest Campus / High-Performance CentreCampus Directions
|Groenkloof CampusCampus Directions
(Faculty of Health Science)Campus Directions
(Faculty of Veterinary Science)Campus Directions
|Mamelodi CampusCampus Directions
|Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS)Campus Directions
The TuksRes Family, or Department of Residence Affairs and Accommodation, is a stand-alone business organization with multiple management teams supporting residence students. The University of Pretoria is delighted to be recognized as South Africa’s largest residential university, with over 10,000 students in residence areas.
TuksRes is a comprehensive structure that allows us to manage the diverse needs of our student population living in residences. Please note that some residences names have changed. These names can be found here
Kindly click on the given links below to read more or download (PDF) of the various accommodation from University of Pretoria
Courses 0r programmes offered at UP
The listed below are courses offered at the University of Pretoria.
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Accounting Sciences
- Business and Governance (Business School)
- Economic Sciences
- Industrial Psychology and Human Resource Management
- Management Sciences
- Language Education
- Psycho-Social Education
- Professional Studies in Education
- Mathematics, Science and Technology Education
- Commerce and Social Studies in Education
- Chemical and Minerals Engineering
- Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Health Sciences
- Human Movement Sciences
- Psychosocial Health
- Consumer Sciences
- Occupational Hygiene
- Communication Studies
- Government Studies
- Social Sciences
- Mercantile Law
- Public Law
- Private Law
- Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Physical and Chemical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Geo- and Spatial Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
- Computer Science and Information Systems
- Business Mathematics and Statistics
- Indigenous Knowledge Systems
- Christian Ministry and Leadership
- Ancient Language and Text Studies
UP Other Courses
- For more information on Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Short courses online programmes at UP click here
- university of Pretoria bridging courses
- University of Pretoria Residences and Accommodation
- University of Pretoria Contact Address
- University of Pretoria Admission Requirements
- How to Check UPOnline Application Status
- How To Apply UP Online
- How To Register UP Online
- UPOnline dates
- UPOnline fees
- UPOnline application fee
- UPOnline Application Guidelines
- up online applications
- up application
- Apply to UP using the online application form
- University of Pretoria Application Registration and Payment Deadline
- UP Application
- UP prospectus download
- university of pretoria campuses
- map to university of pretoria
- map of university of pretoria
For more information visit university of Pretoria web here