University of South Africa Online Application 2024-2025
University of South Africa Online Application 2024-2025
One of South Africa’s best universities, the University of South Africa (Unisa) provides students with numerous academic opportunities. This in-depth tutorial on how to apply online and handle other important procedures has been put together to ensure that you have the best possible application experience. It covers everything you need to know about how to apply for Unisa online.
Unisa Online Application Dates for Applicants
- From November 22 to December 7, 2023, applications for undergraduate qualifications for the 2024 academic year will reopen for limited qualifications. From November 22 to December 7, 2023, applications for the 2024 academic year for honors degrees and postgraduate diplomas will reopen for limited qualifications. The deadline for submitting applications for the Unisa Graduate School of Business Leadership’s postgraduate diplomas will be November 30, 2022. The deadline for master’s and doctoral qualification applications for the 2024 academic year has been extended to January 31, 2024 (with some exceptions). Short Learning Programs accept applications and sign-ups from November 14, 2023, to February 28, 2024.
University of South (Unisa) Application Instructions
- One of South Africa’s best public universities, the University of South Africa (Unisa), attracts international students, which is understandable. Unfortunately, not everyone qualifies to apply. If you fall into this category, there are a few things you should be aware of, including the Online Application Instructions. The Online Application can be viewed by prospective students here.
University of South Application process
- The Unisa Application process provides a clear guide for new students on how to apply to the University of South Africa without being turned down.
University of South (Unisa) on Late Application.
- Students applying must ensure that late applications are rejected. Late applications are discouraged at Unisa. Therefore, in the upcoming academic year, you must submit your application on time or reapply; Unisa does not accept late applications. Please be aware of this.
Who must apply Unisa Online Application?
- To begin a new qualification, applicants must apply for admission. This includes students switching to a new qualification and first-time applicants to Unisa.
Anyone who has completed a Higher Certificate, Alternative Pathway, or Extended Programme is required to submit an application for admission to the subsequent qualification. If you previously applied for admission and received feedback but did not register for any reason, you must reapply.
Under the Unisa-TVET agreement, everyone who wants to take classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college must apply for admission.
Kindly note: If you previously applied for admission and were offered a space, but you declined or did not register for any reason, you must reapply.
University of South (Unisa) Online Admission Requirements.
If you are submitting your application online, it is important to be aware of the university’s admission requirements. An excellent illustration of online application requirements is Unisa. The general admission requirements for students applying to the University of South Africa (Unisa) are outlined in the documents listed below.
- As a prospective student, your admission to Unisa is contingent on meeting all relevant admission requirements for your desired qualification. Consider alternative qualifications if you do not meet these requirements. The undergraduate qualifications page can be accessed by clicking this link.
There are only a few small spaces available for Unisa qualifications. Therefore, meeting a qualification’s general and/or specific admission requirements does not guarantee that you will be granted study space for this academic year.
Both a certified copy of your official academic transcript and a certificate of conduct is required.
All international applicants are required to submit the syllabus and the SAQA evaluation.
Note to prospective applicants: Conditions for Admission to Unisa
- Your final Grade 12 grades and other crucial information, such as the school you attended, are used to calculate your individual points score, which is at the center of the selection process.
Please verify that you meet the statutory and college-specific admission requirements as well as the required academic points score (APS) for your chosen qualification(s) prior to submitting your application. A bachelor’s degree with a minimum APS of 21 or more is required, with some exceptions; a higher certificate requires a minimum APS of 15, a diploma requires a minimum APS of 18, and so on.
University of South (Unisa) Application supporting documents
Please note that prospective students must upload all required documentation to begin a new qualification, which typically consists of the following:
- Sworn translations of documents that are not in English or Afrikaans are required if they are not in English or Afrikaans. Copy of your school qualifications (such as a Senior Certificate) Copy of your official tertiary academic record (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted) Copy of your ID document (for students in the Republic of South Africa) or ID/passport (for international students) Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
University of South Africa (Unisa) Online prospectus
The entire procedure for gaining admission to the University of South Africa (Unisa) can be found in the Online Prospectus. The various links listed below allow prospective students to download the prospectus.
Unisa Online Application Form
The various application forms are available for download below from the University of South Africa (Unisa). Please take note to read and comprehend them thoroughly.
- Students’ Disciplinary Code (PDF)
- Guidelines for a student disciplinary hearing
- Unisa rules for students (PDF)
- Policy for Copyright Infringement and Plagiarism (PDF)
- Master’s and doctoral policies, procedures, and forms
THE FOLLOWING LISTED LINKS CONTAIN VITAL INFORMATION FOR YOUR ADMISSION
- Unisa TVET College
National Benchmark Test (NBT)
Unisa Application Tool
Unisa Admission Points Score (APS)
University of South Africa (Unisa) Online Application Fee 2024-2025
- For both new and returning students, the tuition at Unisa varies based on the program or course chosen. An online application fee of R115,00 must be deposited into Unisa’s account during the application process. Keep in mind that the application fee is non-refundable even if you are denied admission or decide not to pursue a degree at Unisa. Additionally, real money cannot enter Unisa’s facilities. You must make a deposit into the First National Bank account of the university. Alternatively, review the following payment information.
Financial details and payment methods for the University of South Africa (Unisa)
- Information regarding the University of South Africa’s (Unisa) bank account and method of payment Prospective students can access the full payment method details and banking information by clicking this link.
How to Apply Unisa Online Application 2024-2025
Students can apply to every university online application in their own way. The steps that the University of South Africa (Unisa) took are outlined in the following section.
- Here, applicants with undergraduate degrees, honors degrees, postgraduate diplomas, master’s and doctoral degrees, and Short Learning Programs can apply for admission.
- Under the Unisa-TVET agreement, prospective students who intend to enroll in classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college can apply online or through self-help options at Unisa.
University of South Africa (Unisa) Courses Offered
The courses offered by Unisa are listed in the documents below.
- The University of South Africa (Unisa) offers a variety of courses. Applicants can read them here
- For Unisa short courses click here
University of South Africa (Unisa) Application Status. How to check Unisa application status online.
If prospective student has not received a response regarding their admission, they can check the status of their application by following the steps listed below.
- Step 1: Please visit https://myadmin.unisa.ac.za/unisa-studentstatus/default.do
- Step 2: The interface that appears in your browser will contain a student number.
- Step 3: Kindly use the space provided to enter your student number.
- Step 4: To see your admission or application status, please click Continue.
- Step 5: Good luck and let’s hope you got in.
APPLICANTS CAN CHECK THEIR STATUS OF APPLICATION HERE
University of South Africa (Unisa) Residence Application
- Students wishing to apply should be aware that only those who have submitted an effective application for admission are eligible to live at Unisa. Therefore, you may apply for residency if you have submitted your application. Please apply here.
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AFRICA (UNISA) ONLINE APPLICATION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENT
- The University of South Africa’s (UNISA) online application for international students is now open. This page is designed to help prospective international students apply. The application process for international applicants to Unisa consists of the following documents.
When may I apply as an International Student?
- The application deadlines for undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, advanced diplomas, and degrees) can be found here.
The dates for postgraduate diplomas and honors degrees can be found by clicking this link.
The dates for master’s and doctoral degree applications can be found by clicking this link.
Documents needed when applying as an International Student
Applications for college:
- Duplicate of your school capabilities. Visit hhttp://mb.usaf.ac.za/ for a list of each country’s acceptable school qualifications for admission. A copy of your tertiary academic credentials (if any) A copy of your passport A copy of your marriage certificate (if any) or divorce decree (if any) Original sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans M30 form – Application for a Certificate of Conditional Exemption (ONLY for admission to bachelor degree studies)
How do I apply for admission as an International Student
- Within the allotted application period, all admission applications must be submitted online. Please go to www.unisa.ac.za/apply for more details.
Online Application fee for International Students
- The R120,00 non-refundable online application fee is due to all international students.
How to pay an Application fee
A SWIFT transfer can be used to pay (the details of the bank account are below). Please be aware that it may take a few days for any payments not made through the Unisa website to show up in the Unisa account. Send documentation of your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SWIFT transfers are possible.
- If you have a Unisa student number, you can pay for things like: study fees, examination fees (including supplementary, sick, or special exam fees), exemption fees, and library fees, as long as the following information is included:
- Bank: First National Bank
- Beneficiary: Unisa income account
- Account type: Cheque
- Branch code: 250645
- Swift code: FIRNZAJJ
- Account number: 62799625200
- Refer to the deposit: The student number occupies the first eight (8) blocks; if the student number only has seven digits, a “0” must be used as the first digit. After leaving one block blank, enter the following code: for the application fee, 5370810030.
Use the contacts below to learn more about international students at the University of South Africa (Unisa).
Please keep in mind that the subject line of your email should only contain your student number.
- For inquiries related to undergraduate higher certificates, diplomas, and degrees, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- for inquiries regarding postgraduate diplomas and honors degrees. Please use the college email address associated with your qualification:
- College of Accounting Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences: email@example.com
- College of Education: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Economic and Management Sciences: email@example.com
- College of Human Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Law: email@example.com
- College of Science, Engineering, and Technology: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate School of Business Leadership: SBL@unisa.ac.za
- For inquiries related to master’s and doctoral degrees, please contact the College of Graduate Studies, Postgraduate Administration Division (email@example.com).
THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AFRICA ONLINE APPLICATION FOR DISABLED STUDENTS
All prospective students receive equal opportunities at Unisa. The university encourages students to choose whether to report disabilities. Please use the contacts listed below for any inquiries regarding the Disability Student Online Application.
Tel: +27 12 429 6923 / 6924 / 6540 / 3829 / 8668 / 6050 / 2607 or +27 12 441 5470 / 5471
Please be aware that the information on this website was selected from the University of South Africa’s website to assist you in applying. Therefore, visit their main website by clicking here for more information.
Useful link from Unisa
Unisa online Registration
Unisa Online Application Status
Unisa online Courses
How to Apply to Unisa online
Unisa online application dates
Unisa online registration dates
How to register Unisa Online
Unisa online Prospectus
Unisa Online application fee
Unisa Online application requirements
Unisa Application form
University of Cape Town Online Application
University of Fort Hare Online Application
University of the Free State Online Application
University of KwaZulu-Natal Online Application
University of Limpopo Online Application
North-West University Online Application
University of Pretoria Online Application