up late application 2022-2023
up late application 2022-2023
As registration or Application for 2022-2023 classes continues, both online and at the Hillcrest campus, students are reminded to:
- Register online, as this is the easiest way to register. If you hit any snags, please check the University’s website (https://www.up.ac.za) or call 012 420 3111/4111 for more information.
- Visit the Hillcrest campus to complete registration if you are unable to register online for any reason. UP staff members and Student Representative Council members are available to help at Hillcrest.
- Returning students’ access cards will be reactivated once you have completed the online registration.
- First-year students who have registered online will still need to visit the Hillcrest campus in order to pick up their student access card on or before Welcome Day on Saturday 26 January.
To help students who still need to register, UP’s Department of Student Recruitment and Enrolment compiled answers to your most frequently asked questions:
- When did registration start and when is it closing?
The online registration process started on 3 January for senior students and 9 January for first-years, and registrations are set to close by the first week of February.
- How many students have registered thus far?
By Monday 14 January, approximately 4 800 first-year students and 14 700 senior students had registered, with the numbers set to rise as the registration process continues until the end of the month. So, in total, around 19 500 students had registered by early this week. Read Also up late application 2022-2023-up late application 2022-2023
- Will there be a late registration process and how will be the process be handled?
Academic classes start in February, so we therefore urge all students, both first-year and senior, to register as soon as possible to avoid last-minute registration, otherwise they won’t be able to attend classes. If there are exceptional circumstances and you are unable to register before classes start, please get in touch with our registration call centre at 012 420 5347 as soon as possible. You can email us at email@example.com , or come directly to the Hillcrest campus up to 31 January 2019 for further assistance.
- Is the University taking any late applications, either online or walk-in?
Unfortunately, applications to study at UP closed at the end of September 2018, and no late applications either online or via walk-ins can be accepted. Prospective students who haven’t secured a place at a tertiary institution in 2019 and wish to continue to try can make use of the Department of Higher Education and Training’s Central Application Clearing House (CACH), which can be accessed by sending a standard-rate SMS indicating your name and ID number to 49200, or by visiting https://cach.dhet.gov.za/Applicant/UsingCACH.
- What channels should current students follow if they want to switch from one course to another?
They can either engage with their faculties to determine whether they indeed need to change their course, or they can come to the Hillcrest campus to speak directly to their faculty personnel to discuss the possible course change. Those considering changing courses must be careful and ensure that they are accepted to study for another course before cancelling their current one. If they fail to do so they might find themselves without a space to study at UP.
- How will the enrolment team be assisting prospective students whose applications were rejected due to grade 11 results that were not as good as their final matric results?
They must check with the CACH. The fact that their applications were rejected means that they were not allocated space initially. But if they have a T-number (allocated with your original application to study) they are advised to come to the Hillcrest campus so that we can evaluate their matric results, and if there is space we can assist them. Students from outside Gauteng who are unable to come to the Hillcrest campus can call 012 420 5347.
- Who regulates the online registration process, and who can students contact when they experience problems with the process?
Students can call our registration call centre at 012 420 5347 or email or they can come to the Hillcrest campus for further assistance. Read Also up late application-up late application
- Are first-year students allowed to register online, especially those funded by NSFAS?
All students can register online, regardless of who funds them.
For further assistance regarding accommodation, please contact + 27 (0) 12 420 3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and for financial aid assistance please call 012 420 2673 or contact the Student Representative Council at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Download University of Pretoria prospectus
University of Pretoria Residences and Accommodation
University of Pretoria Contact Address
University of Pretoria Admission Requirements
How to Check UPOnline Application Status
UPOnline Application Guidelines
Application Instructions For Applying Students
up late application 2022-2023–up late application 2022-2023
Apply to UP using the online application form
For more info visit UP web here