up law entry requirements 2022-2023
up law entry requirements 2022-2023
The LLB is the primary professional qualification for felony practitioners and gives qualifiers with the important theoretical information and realistic abilities to benefit access into the formal felony career (eg legal professionals/advocates) or to observe different careers in regulation.
Kindly Follow Admission necessities or requirements
In order to sign up for degree programs, NSC/IEB/Cambridge candidates must observe the minimal requirements for degree research as well as the minimal requirements for the applicable application.
Life Orientation and all different non-20-credit score NSC topics are excluded in the calculation of the Admission Point Score (APS).
The following individuals will also be considered for admission: a candidate who is in ownership of certificates this is deemed via the University to be equal to the desired Grade 12 certificates with college endorsement; a candidate who’s a graduate from some other tertiary group or has been granted the repute of a graduate of such a group; and a candidate who is a graduate of any other faculty at the University of Pretoria.
Candidates who obtained a BA (Law) or BCom (Law) diploma on the University of Pretoria, in the three-yr minimum length duration, will no longer be subjected to a selection system; and could robotically be admitted to signing up for the LLB diploma.
Transferring candidates who graduated
1. Closing date: 30 January of the academic 12 months for which the scholar is applying for.
2. Candidates who have previously been registered at UP or any other college and who’ve graduated (except BA (Law) and BCom (Law) graduates) may be admitted to the primary 12 months of the LLB, if there are locations available, on the discretion of the Faculty’s Admissions Committee, based totally at the candidate’s Grade 12 consequences and whole university instructional record plus final Certificate of Conduct.
3. Candidates who have been awarded a BA (Law) or BCom (Law) degree via any South African university, along with UP, may be admitted on the application, at the discretion of the Faculty’s Admissions Committee, primarily based on the candidate’s Grade 12 results and complete college educational report. Students shifting from other universities can be admitted to the 0.33 12 months of the LLB. UP students may be admitted to the primary 12 months of the LLB 04130010 (after having finished the BCom (Law) and to the first year of the LLB 04130011 (after having finished the BA (Law). See Also-up law entry requirements–up law entry requirements
International applicants with overseas or foreign qualifications
1. Applicants need to apply to the Matriculation Board of Universities South Africa (www.Universitiessa.ac.za/matriculation-board) for a certificate of whole exemption, which should be submitted collectively with their application forms.
2. A conditional exemption certificate does not furnish admission to LLB studies.
3. A minimum fulfillment degree of 5 for English Grammar and a minimum APS of 32 is required, calculated according to the UP conversion table.
4. Applicants must submit the outcomes of a SAT1 and/or TOEFL take a look at if required through the Dean.
The LLB is a full-time four-12 months program. Students aren’t authorized to obtain complete-time employment even as registered for the LLB.
Applicants are admitted on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis until all locations are stuffed. Therefore, apply early!
Only candidates who follow all of the admission necessities can be considered for admission.
|English Home Language or English First Additional Language||
* Candidates with an APS of 32 or higher will, on receipt in their applications, be frequent on a non-stop basis until 30 September or until all available places have been taken. Candidates with an APS of 38 or higher could be ordinary on a continuous basis until registration in January of the following educational year, no matter the wide variety of applicants already established.
* *Cambridge A stage applicants who obtained at the least a D inside the required subjects, will be considered for admission. International Baccalaureate (IB) HL candidates who obtained at the least a 4 within the required topics, might be considered for admission.
Other program-actual information
The Dean determines which optional modules can be presented every 12 months, contemplating the provision of lecturing personnel, space and economic implications, and/or different occasions. The Dean may additionally determine the most variety of registrations for a particular non-compulsory module. The Dean may, on the recommendation of the relevant head of department, determine that a particular fourth-yr non-obligatory module will now not be supplied wherein on the first day of lectures nine or fewer students are registered for the module.
The Dean has the discretion to credit score another felony module of equal popular exceeded at any other group as an elective. Read up law entry requirements-up law entry requirements
The following elements must be kept in thoughts:
• Students have to familiarise themselves with the prerequisites for modules from other faculties.
• The modules have to fit in on the timetable.
• Number limits of some modules.
The Dean has the discretion to also credit score every other criminal module of equal general presented on the University of Pretoria as an optionally available on an ad hoc foundation in which this module isn’t always provided for inside the contemporary LLB providing, concern to the previous approval of the Dean.
Advisory note: Students who intend to pursue an LLB diploma should note that to acquire the LLB degree they may be required to acquire as a minimum 24 credits from the subsequent list of language modules: AFR 110, AFR 120, AFR 114, ENG 118, ENG 110, ENG 120.
Elective modules for the fourth year of taking a look at:
4 modules selected from the following list:
- Law and transformation 410 (AMR 410)
- Alternative dispute resolution 420 (AGF 420)
- Child law 410 (KID 410)
- Deeds and notarial practice 410 (ANO 410) [prerequisite: SAR 310]
- Education law 420 (ONR 420)
- Environmental law 410 (OMR 410)
- Information and communications technology law 420 (KUB 420)
- International elective module 1 (IET 411)
- International elective module 2 (IET 412)
- International elective module 3 (IET 413)
- International elective module 4 (IET 414)
- International humanitarian law 420 (PUR 420)
- Jurisprudence 420 (JUR 420)
- Land and land reform law 420 (GHR 420)
- Law and the community 420 (CLW 420)
- Law of banking and financial institutions 410 (LBF 410)
- Law of damages 410 (SGR 410)
- Law of securities 410 (LOC 410)
- Legal problems of HIV and Aids 410 (RHV 410)
- Media law 420 (MDR 420)
- Medical law 410 (GRG 410)
- Moot Court 420 (SKH 420)(students representing UP in the African Human Rights Moot Court Competition or in the Phillip Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition)
- Municipal law 410 (MRG 410)
- Practical law 400 (PRR 400)(see # below) (20 credits; 2 electives)
- Private international law 410 (IPR 410)
- Social security law 420 (SOR 420)
- Sports law 420 (SRR 420)
- Statutory crimes 410 (SMI 410)
- Tax practice 420 (BLP 420)
- Transnational business law 420 (TBR 420)
- Trusts and estates 410 (TBS 410)
- up law entry requirements
# Practical law 400
The variety of students who may be admitted to the module Practical regulation (PRR 400) is predetermined with the aid of the Dean, in session with the Head of the Department of Procedural Law.
Prospective students need to apply for admission to the module.
Should more students practice for admission to the module than may be popular, an expansion process will take region on the basis of a student’s preceding overall performance and an interview with the Director of the Law Clinic.
Students are promoted on the premise of checks, satisfactory execution of assignments, classes within the Law Clinic, and an oral exam.
Practical regulation (PRR 400) counts 20 credits and counts as two electives.
Certain modules are only relevant to exchange students.
1. Repeating of modules and the most range of modules in keeping with 12 months
. Students who fail modules have to repeat the modules inside the following yr.
. Students will, however, not be allowed to take greater than a hundred and fifty credits consistent with year. (This will mean that in certain instances students will not be allowed to take all the modules required for a specific year as the outstanding modules must first be repeated and passed.) The Dean may also, but, exercise discretion to grant exemption from this provision.
. BA (Law) and BCom (Law) students who check-in concurrently for the LLB must adhere to their number one college’s regulations regarding concurrent registration.
. It is the student’s responsibility to pick modules with a view to not result in magnificence, take a look at, or examination timetable clashes.
2. Credit for modules
Students shifting from another university can simplest acquire credit for at the maximum 50% of the modules wanted for the diploma and need to entire as a minimum 50% of the modules at the University of Pretoria.
Dean’s merit list
The Student Administration office publishes the Dean’s merit listing via March of each calendar 12 months. The list includes the student numbers, in the chronological collection, of these students who carried out a weighted common (ie in accordance with the credit value of every module) of at least 75% in the previous calendar yr.
The weighted common is calculated as follows: The final mark obtained for every module for which the scholar registered in the preceding calendar 12 months is accelerated through the credit fee for that precise module. The sum of the values so obtained for each module are brought together and divided with the aid of the entire of the credit score values of all modules for which the pupil registered within the previous calendar year. The common so calculated isn’t always rounded off.
A student who failed module(s) or who did not benefit entrance to the exam inside the module(s) in a given calendar 12 months might not appear at the Dean’s benefit list for that calendar yr. A pupil who registered for less than nine modules in a calendar 12 months might not appear on the Dean’s benefit list for that calendar year. Modules exceeded at different universities aren’t considered in calculating the weighted common.
Examinations and pass requirements
Please consult the Examination and Test policy as contained within the Faculty Regulations.
Promotion to next have a look at the year
(According to Regulation G.3 the Faculty Board can also set advertising requirements which students have to adhere to earlier than they’ll be promoted.)
1. A scholar has to bypass modules to the price of 60 credits as a way to be promoted to the next year of observation. A pupil who handed fewer than four-semester modules will no longer be readmitted to the Faculty of Law. (BA (Law) and BCom (Law) students who register concurrently for the LLB will not be readmitted to the Faculty of Law if they skip much less than 50% of the LLB modules.) A pupil, who has forfeited readmission to the Faculty, may additionally follow in writing to the Admissions Committee of the Faculty for conditional readmission to the Faculty – with the proviso that the Admissions Committee may stipulate similarly necessities for progress. A scholar’s utility for conditional readmission to the Faculty may be refused. A scholar who registered concurrently for the LLB and who’s disregarded on the primary college will not be allowed to sign up for the LLB either.
2. A pupil who has been conditionally readmitted to the Faculty will have his/her studies monitored after the first-semester exam so that you can decide whether the sort of scholar has met the set situations.
3. Re-registration will only be accredited if a pupil is able to complete the degree inside the prescribed minimum duration of four years plus an in addition 2 years in line with the opinion of the Admissions Committee.
4. For BA (Law) and BCom (Law) college students who sign in simultaneously with the LLB or continue with the LLB after graduating with the BA (Law) or BCom (Law), re-registration will be permitted if the student is capable of finishing the LLB in a similarly 2 years of having a look at, after deliberating the number of years it took the pupil to finish the BA (Law) or BCom (Law), and the scholar’s educational report. An extra yr can be granted by way of the Admissions Committee. See Also up law entry requirements–up law entry requirements
Pass with difference
For the 4-12 months LLB degree to be offered with a difference, a scholar has to acquire a grade factor average (ie in accordance with the credit score cost of each module) of at least seventy five% in recognition of all of the modules prescribed for the 1/3 and fourth years of the LLB diploma, finished at this University.
The grade point common is calculated as follows: The final mark acquired for each 1/3- and fourth-12 months module prescribed for the LLB degree, along with the electives, is multiplied with the aid of the credit score cost of that precise module. The sum of these values is introduced collectively and divided by using the whole of the credit values of all prescribed 0.33- and fourth-yr LLB modules. The common so calculated is not rounded off. A scholar who failed a third- or fourth-yr LLB module, which includes any of the electives, won’t be presented the diploma with a difference.
Checkout University of Pretoria Useful Links
university of pretoria
university of pretoria online application
university of pretoria login
prospectus for university of pretoria
university of pretoria prospectus
application for university of pretoria
university of pretoria vacancies
university of pretoria courses
university of pretoria application
university of pretoria courses and requirements
university of pretoria library
university of pretoria address
address for university of pretoria
fees for university of pretoria
university of pretoria logo
university of Pretoria fees
university of pretoria distance learning courses
university of pretoria short courses
university of pretoria application status
apply for university of pretoria
university of pretoria residence
university of pretoria contact details
apply to university of pretoria
university of pretoria student portal
university of pretoria faculty of law
university of pretoria clickup
university of pretoria law faculty
up law entry requirements 2022-2023 –up law entry requirements
up law entry requirements-up law entry requirements 2022-2023
up law entry requirements 2022-2023-up law entry requirements
up law entry requirements-up law entry requirements 2022-2023