UP Online Application Instruction
UP Online Application Instruction
Before continuing please ensure that you meet the admission requirements of the University of Pretoria before applying.
- It is in your best interest to complete your own application. The University of Pretoria does not make use of representatives, agents or agencies during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents or agencies, you do so at own risk.
- The closing dates are non-negotiable. It is your responsibility to ensure you apply before the applicable deadline!
- It is of utmost importance that you provide your correct personal email and postal addresses to enable the University of Pretoria to communicate with you directly.
Persons with disabilities:
The online application system provides the facility for an applicant to disclose his/her disability status. Applicants are encouraged to make use of this facility to disclose their disability status at this point in the application process. Such a disclosure will in no way prejudice an application. Disclosing your disability status enables the University of Pretoria to better anticipate the needs arising from any disability.
–Before starting the application process please:
- review the checklist at the end of this document, to take note of all pre-requisites, and
- ensure that you have certain information ready, as well as certain electronic supporting documents. Without these you will not be able to complete your online application.
You will only be able to submit your online application once you have:
- completed the full online application form,
- uploaded all the necessary scanned supporting documents in .PDF format, AND
- either paid the application fee by credit card OR uploaded proof of bank deposit at Standard Bank, Account Number 012602604 (see checklist).
Once your application has been successfully submitted:
- you will no longer be able to do any further editing of your application via the online application system,
- you will be informed by email what your allocated student number (EMPLID) is, and
- you will be sent other important procedures describing how to check your progress and application results on the student portal.
- BROWSER REQUIREMENTS: IMPORTANT! This site requires Internet Explorer (IE) version 7 or 8 or higher browsers.
DATA INPUTS: When you access the online application, you will be requested to provide an email address to which the University of Pretoria can send communications.
- Please take care not to make typing errors when providing your email address.
- If you require a brand new email address, create a new Gmail email address
- As part of the application process you will be required to capture your South African National ID number or, if you are an international applicant, your passport number.
- You will later need to scan your ID/Passport document so that it can be uploaded.
- If you are applying to study towards a postgraduate degree, you will be requested to capture the details of your previous degree(s), eg degree description, institution and year of graduation.
- A comprehensive certified academic record will need to be scanned and uploaded, as well as a certificate of conduct.
- Additional and/or original documents may later be required depending on the specific admission requirements.
SCANNING AND UPLOADING OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS: You must (either yourself or via third parties, eg. certain camera/photographic shops) be able to scan each of the requested documents into separate files using the PDF file format. Refer to Guidelines for preparing documents to be uploaded. Ensure to save with Acrobat or CutePDF and not Acrobat Reader.
Convert any document to PDF to upload with your application.
You will later need to have these PDF files available on some form of electronic media (eg. data disk, memory stick or your desktop) from which you can upload the necessary files as may be required during the application process.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to reject or revoke your admission if you provide incorrect, incomplete, illegible or fake documents.
After your application has been processed you will receive communication from the University of Pretoria explaining how to access your Student Centre through the UP Student Portal, enabling you to track your progress and status as well as other communications and possible outstanding items.
ALLOCATION OF YOUR STUDENT NUMBER: If you have applied online, you will receive a student number in your email inbox within approximately 15 working days after submission. You cannot access the student portal with your application number. Once you have a student number, you may create a profile as a new user on the portal.
Apply to UP using the online application form
For more infor visit UP web here